This Spanish-style zucchini can be fried either in a cast iron skillet or on the grill. The THC-infused herb oil needs to be prepped about 3 hours ahead of time, but offers a much quicker alternative to many of the other recipes I make using the slow-cooker infusion method. The effect is quite mild, but I find it an excellent way to use up my stems. It’s vegan-friendly, and the extra oil can be stored in the fridge and served on eggplant, roast potatoes or even corn later in the week. They’ll look much prettier on the serving plate if grilled.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5-10g stems and shake
- 3 tbsp italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 medium-sized zucchini
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- In a medium saucepan, warm first four ingredients over medium heat until just boiling. Let boil for 5 seconds. Remove from heat. Let cool for 15 minutes. Add 3 tbsp italian parsley. Cover and let rest at least 2 and a half hours. If it’s a hot day, take it outside and leave it in the sun.
- If grilling, cut zucchini lengthwise and use a pastry brush to baste olive oil over the strips. If frying, pour half the olive oil in cast iron skillet and warm over medium heat until olive oil just starts to smoke.
- Place zucchini in the heat. Don’t crowd the pan, instead work in batches. Turn once, when just starting to brown (approx. 6 minutes a side, but if you’re grilling that will vary). Remove zucchini from the heat.
- Strain the reserved THC-infused oil through either a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. I strain it either into a measuring cup or a gravy boat.
- Sprinkle remaining fresh parsley over the little squashlets and drizzle with a generous dollop of THC-infused oil. Refrigerate any remaining oil for up to two weeks.
- Serve zucchini with a crusty bread for dipping in the excess oil such that nothing goes to waste.