Much of the content within the Services is for mature audiences only as it features content about marijuana and other currently illegal substances and related subject matter. We strongly encourage those users under 18 years of age to EXIT this site immediately.
The Marijuana Times reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Agreement from time to time, and so you should review this page periodically. When we change the Agreement in a material way, we will update the ‘last updated’ date at the bottom of this page. Your continued use of the Services after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future terms, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Services.
- USE OF OUR SERVICE
- Eligibility. Because we respect the rights of children and parents, you may use The Marijuana Times Service only if you can form a binding contract with The Marijuana Times, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. The Service is provided for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use the Service for any commercial purposes.
- Your responsibility for your account: You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on or through your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify The Marijuana Times immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. The Marijuana Times will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, and you shall be solely liable for the losses of The Marijuana Times or others due to such unauthorized use.
- Groups. The Marijuana Times may allow Users to create or join groups on the Service in order to share articles and other content, and to send SMS text messages to other Group members (a “Group”). If you are added to a Group by a User, you may be sent an SMS text message with a unique hyperlink to directly access your Group’s page. Anyone with access to this unique hyperlink will be able access your group on the Service using your name, and so you agree to keep the Group’s page hyperlink secure. You can remove yourself from a Group by following the instructions on the Service. For more information, see the “Bleacher SMS Campaigns; Group Messaging on the Service” section below.
- Your interaction with other Users. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. The Marijuana Times will have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction. Please be good to one another.
- Changes to the Service. Here at The Marijuana Times, we’re always innovating and finding ways to provide our Users with new and innovative features and services. Therefore, The Marijuana Times may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
- SHARING YOUR CONTENT
- Your content. The Marijuana Times allows you to post content on the Service, including comments, photos, blog posts, messages, blog URLs, and other materials. Any content a User submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service, including all Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) therein, is referred to as “User Content.”
- How The Marijuana Times and other Users can use your content. Unless you have entered into a separate assignment agreement with The Marijuana Times, you own all of the User Content that you post or publish (“post”) on the Service. Subject to your profile and application settings, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, sell, offer to sell, translate, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, and make derivative works of your User Content on the Service and in all forms and media now or hereafter known for the purposes of operating and providing the Service to you and our Users. Nothing in this Agreement shall restrict The Marijuana Times’s rights under any separate content assignment agreements and/or license agreements.
- Your responsibility for your content. By uploading, posting, submitting or otherwise disclosing or distributing User Content, you represent and warrant that you own all rights in your User Content and that any User Content you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) or rights of publicity or privacy. The Marijuana Times reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these provisions. The Marijuana Times takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other Users or third parties post or send over the Service. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Service, is solely your responsibility, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. The Marijuana Times is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that The Marijuana Times shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content.
- Definition of Intellectual Property Rights. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
- User Content Programs. We may provide various opportunities and programs relating to User Content on the Service (“User Content Programs”). Some User Content Programs may require you to submit an application to participate, which The Marijuana Times may approve or deny in its sole discretion. Your use of the Service, including without limitation participation in any User Content Program, is strictly on a volunteer basis for the benefit of you and the public at large, and does not form an employer-employee relationship, partnership, or co-authorship between you and The Marijuana Times. While The Marijuana Times may reward you for your participation in a User Content Program, you will not receive any compensation of any type for your participation, and you acknowledge that you are participating in the program solely for your own personal benefit and desire to contribute to the program. You acknowledge and agree that The Marijuana Times does not have the right to and shall not control the manner and method in which you may create your User Content. Any suggestions The Marijuana Times may make about your User Content are only suggestions, based on our understanding of how Users typically access Content and use the Service. You are not required to implement any suggestion made by The Marijuana Times regarding your User Content or to perform any requested activity or task, and you do so at your own volition and risk. You agree that you are the sole author of your User Content, and that The Marijuana Times does not participate in the creation of any of your User Content.
- ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE MARIJUANA TIMES SERVICE
We think The Marijuana Times provides Users with an amazing platform to discover cannabis related content, and discuss and share that content with others. To keep The Marijuana Times running smoothly for all of our Users, you agree that you will use the Service only in a manner consistent with The Marijuana Times and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Service:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other The Marijuana Times Users;
- To contribute any User Content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or offensive; that you know to be false, misleading, or untrue; or that otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- For any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international User, you agree to comply with all local laws in your use of the Service;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Bleacher Report User;
- To create or submit unwanted email or text messages (“Spam”) to any other The Marijuana Times Users or third parties;
- To violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
- To submit stories or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, sites/blogs repurposing existing stories (source hops), or off-topic content;
- With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Service for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service;
- With the intention of artificially inflating or altering the “Writer Rankings,” or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of The Marijuana Times’s services.
The Marijuana Times may remove any User Content or deactivate any The Marijuana Times account at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such User Content), or for no reason at all.
To report abuse, please email: email@example.com
- OUR CONTENT
- The Marijuana Times Content. Except for User Content, the Service, and all Intellectual Property Rights therein and related thereto, are the exclusive property of The Marijuana Times and its licensors (“The Marijuana Times Content”). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license to The Marijuana Times Content, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from The Marijuana Times Content, including without limitation any materials or content accessible on the Service. “The Marijuana Times,” “The Marijuana Times Mobile Application,” “MJ Wire,” “The Marijuana Times” and other The Marijuana Times graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of The Marijuana Times protected by the laws of the United States and/or other countries or jurisdictions. The Marijuana Times’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Use of The Marijuana Times Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- Our license to you. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, The Marijuana Times provides you with a license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and as expressly permitted by the features of the Service. The Marijuana Times may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Feedback you provide. We value input from our Users, and are always interested in learning of ways we can make The Marijuana Times better. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments, ideas or feedback about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place The Marijuana Times under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Feedback without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Feedback on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, The Marijuana Times does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to The Marijuana Times, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- The Marijuana Time’s COPYRIGHT POLICY
The Marijuana Times requires that Users of the Service respect the copyright and other intellectual property rights of all third parties. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), The Marijuana Times will terminate, where warranted as determined in The Marijuana Times’s sole discretion, Users whom The Marijuana Times believes are intentional and/or repeat infringers.
If you believe that your copyright in any material has been infringed on the Service, please send a “DMCA Notice” described below to The Marijuana Times’s DMCA Agent. For your DMCA Notice to be valid under the law, you must provide the following information in writing:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing, with sufficient detail so that The Marijuana Times may readily locate it.
- Information sufficient to permit The Marijuana Times to contact you such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- A statement declaring that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the above information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the owner of the copyright interest allegedly infringed or you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner.
- The physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright interest allegedly infringed.
The DMCA Notice must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Attn: DMCA Agent
The Marijuana Times
8236 Remmet Ave.
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Phone: (818) 349-2870
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Marijuana Times, its parents, subsidiaries, agents, affiliates, customers, vendors, officers and employees from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees and cost) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that is submitted via your account or The Marijuana Times User ID.
- NO WARRANTY
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE MARIJUANA TIMES, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA, INCLUDING USER CONTENT, THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
THE MARIJUANA TIMES DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE MARIJUANA TIMES SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND THE MARIJUANA TIMES WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS, SITES AND SERVICES
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MARIJUANA TIMES, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT THEREON FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), EVEN IF THE MARIJUANA TIMES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE MARIJUANA TIMES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
The Service is controlled from its facilities in the United States. The Marijuana Times makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
- TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND THE SERVICE
The Marijuana Times may terminate or suspend the Service in whole or in part and/or your The Marijuana Times account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Service will immediately cease.
If you wish to terminate your Marijuana Times account, you may discontinue using the Service by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Terminate account” in the subject field, or by sending mail to the following postal address:
The Marijuana Times
8236 Remmet Ave.
Canoga Park, CA 91304
All provisions of this Agreement, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
- GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state or federal court located in New York, New York, for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as further set forth in the Arbitration provision below.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
Daily Journal and you understand that, absent the mandatory arbitration provision in this section, Daily Journal and/or you would have the right to sue in court and to have a jury trial and that the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than it is in court. Daily Journal and you hereby waive such rights to sue in court, to a trial by jury, or to the discovery that would be available in court.
- Class Action Waiver
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
(i) We and you agree that we and you will resolve any disputes, claims, or controversies on an individual basis, and that any claims brought under this Agreement in connection with the Service will be brought in an individual capacity, and not on behalf of, or as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding. We and you further agree that we and you shall not participate in any consolidated, class, or representative proceeding (existing or future) brought by any third party arising under this Agreement in connection with the Service.
(ii) If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this section is void or unenforceable for any reason or that arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the disputes, claims, or controversies will not be subject to arbitration and must be litigated in federal court located in Los Angeles, California.
(iii) The terms of this Section will apply to any claims asserted by you against any present or future parent or subsidiary company of The Marijuana Times and/or Med-X, Inc. to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Service, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Service.
- MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
- No Agency; Waiver. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind The Marijuana Times in any respect whatsoever. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- Notification. The Marijuana Times may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for other business purposes, to you via email notice, “push” notification on your mobile device, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on the Service, as determined by The Marijuana Times in our sole discretion. The Marijuana Times reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement. The Marijuana Times is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. We recommend that you add email@example.com to your email address book to help ensure you receive email notifications from us.
- Entire Agreement/Severability. This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with The Marijuana Times in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and The Marijuana Times concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- Assignment. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with The Marijuana Times’s prior written consent. The Marijuana Times may transfer, assign or delegate this Agreement and its rights and obligations without consent.
- Contact. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.
This Agreement was last updated on: November 1, 2016