MGO (Macias Gini and O’Connell LLP), one of the fastest-growing CPA and business advisory firms in the U.S. and a leader in accounting, tax, audit, and advisory solutions for the cannabis and hemp industries has released its 3rd annual “Cannabis 50” list. The list highlights companies, organizations, and individuals that positively impacted the cannabis and hemp industries during 2021.
“2021 saw the cannabis and hemp industries continue their integration into mainstream business and culture with a growing awareness of the individuals and communities at risk of not being able to participate in the benefits of that process,” said Scott Hammon, head of MGO’s Cannabis Practice. “We are now seeing a wider range of entities and individuals recognizing that this is a real issue, and acting on that awareness.”
Honorees on the Cannabis 50 list are included in an accompanying “Cannabis 50 Impact Review”. They will feature in expanded interviews, and additional content, webinars, and panels rolled out throughout 2022. The Cannabis 50 is free to download at www.cannabis50.com.
Honorees are organized into five core areas:
- Doing Well: Entrepreneurs and organizations expanding financial, operational, and environmental horizons.
- Doing Good: Nonprofits, activists, and others undoing social harms, advocating through reform, supporting sustainability, and providing equitable opportunity.
- Money Talks: Investors, lobbyists, and others opening the avenues of capital fueling an emerging industry.
- Knowledge is Power: Researchers, educators, and others raising awareness and sharing the benefits of cannabis.
- All the Lights: Athletes, entertainers, and influencers mainstreaming cannabis culture and giving back to the community.
2021 Cannabis 50 Honorees include:
Biopharmaceutical Research Company
Boris Jordan, Measure 8, Curaleaf
Casa Verde Capital
Clever Leaves Holdings Inc.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Fab 5 Freddy
Fire & Flower
Fox Rothschild LLP
Green Market Report
JW Asset Management
Merida Capital Holdings
Minorities for Medical Marijuana
New Cannabis Ventures
Our Academy presented by Our Dream
Policy Center for Public Health and Safety
Roth Capital Partners, LLC
The Hawthorne Collective
The Parent Company
US Cannabis Council
US Hemp Roundtable
Washington State University
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the country, MGO combines deep industry expertise with proven advisory and accounting solutions that deliver results. Our clients range from global technology and life science leaders to public companies and innovative start-ups – from the largest government entities in the country, to the biggest names in sports and entertainment.
MGO is ranked as one of the top CPA firms in the nation by Accounting Today and Inside Public Accounting, and the firm was awarded the ‘Best of Accounting’ designation in client satisfaction by the independent research firm.