If you smoke marijuana, as many people do, you may find that you are tested for its presence on occasions. This is generally done by companies who want to ensure the workforce is free from any drug usage. How can you pass a marijuana drug test? First, let us explain what it is the test is looking for.
What is THC?
THC is an abbreviation for the compound in marijuana that is responsible for getting you high. It is this substance that the test will be looking for. The problem is that the level of THC absorbed and remaining in the body can be influenced by many factors, such as:
- Regular use means you will retain more THC
- Stronger strains of weed may infuse more THC into the body
- You diet and general physical activity
These are just a few of the factors that influence the THC level after you have been smoking marijuana. For how long will THC remain in your blood, urine or saliva? This also depends upon the above factors, and rough guidelines says that for occasional use, THC may remain in your system for as long as four weeks. For regular users, this can extend to far longer.
So, you can clearly see the problem when it comes to passing the test!
Types of Test
Companies – and other people who wish to test you for marijuana consumption – use a variety of methods to test for THC in your system. These are:
- Urine test – the most frequently used and easiest of all the tests. Be aware that THC will remain in the urine for up to 8 days after usage for an occasional user, longer for regular users.
- Hair follicle test – not often used as it is expensive and not so easy, you are unlikely to be subjected to this type of test.
- Blood test – THC will remain in the blood for several hours for occasional or one off usage, several days for regular users
- Saliva test – used occasionally, THC will remain in the saliva for as long as 24 hours.
If you know the type of test you are to be subjected to it can help you pass the test, and how to pass is our next subject.
How To Pass the Marijuana Test
You may be subjected to a drug test before you join a company, or your employer may run random tests every now and then. This is becoming far more commonplace, so it’s worth being prepared. Bear in mind that you don’t need to be completely free of THC in the system; what you do need to do is make sure it is below 50ng/mL. This is the level at which you are considered clear.
How can you pass the test? Let’s make it clear there is no 100% sure fire way to do so, but the following can help. If you want more information, check out the420times.com as they are an authority source on the subject:
- Drink 2 to 3 litres of water 24 hours before the test, and a further litre or 2 a few hours before.
- Relax before the test, do not exercise as this will cause the THC to ‘spike’
- Vitamins b12, b2 and b complex taken in 100mg doses may help
- Use products such as Toxin Rid or Mega Clean, which help rid the body of THC.
For an occasional user there is a good chance of passing a test if you follow the above tips, so make sure you read through and check out all the information at the link we have provided.
Disclaimer: This article is intended for information and educational purposes only and is not intended to reflect the views of the publication.