Powered by Green Flower Media
Welcome to “Try This,” an educational show that’s all about cannabis and cannabis products.
In this episode, we’re going to be talking about vaporizing vs. smoking, and we’re going to go over the pluses and minuses of vaporizing your cannabis. As a method of consumption, vaporizing has been gaining more and more popularity because it’s just so much safer and healthier for you than smoking which is a big plus to think about.
Let’s talk about what vaporizing is. Vaporizing is when you take cannabis flower, cannabis oil or concentrates and you then you heat it to a controlled temperature that’s not going to combust the material but it’s going to release the cannabinoids and the terpenes so that you’re going to be inhaling a light vapor instead of harsh smoke that happens when you burn the plant material.
Let’s talk about smoking. Whenever you’re smoking whether it’s a joint or a pipe about eighty percent of the combusted smoke gasses that you end up inhaling contain non-cannabinoid elements, so you’re inhaling carbon monoxide intake, most of which does not have much benefit and does provide potential health risks.
Some studies have even shown that when you’re smoking cannabis on a regular basis, it has had cases where it’s led to bronchitis, emphysema, and periodontal disease.
There are water pipes that eliminate more of the tar and carcinogens that tends to get somewhat filtered through the water. However, you should know that the water is also going to filter out some of the cannabinoid medicinal properties, so even though the water does help, it doesn’t remove the health risks. It just lessens them a little bit.
Here are the six benefits to vaporizing;
1. When you’re vaporizing your cannabis, you are inhaling approximately ninety-five percent of the cannabinoids and receiving none of the negative effects that you get from smoking. That’s a real plus.
2. When you’re vaporizing, it’s more efficient, so you’re inhaling more of the cannabinoids and terpenes instead of burning them off. This means that you’re going to end up using less cannabis which means you are going to save more.
3. When vaporizing you are heating your cannabis at a much lower temperature, so it’s going to end up feeling cooler and be less harsh on the back of your throat. It’s just going to be easier on your system.
4. Vaporizing devices need less frequent cleaning, and you’re going to find that when you do clean them, they are much easier to clean than smoking devices.
5. There is less smell to vapor. This is a big one for me. The smoke smell tends to cling to your hair and your clothes and your furniture. It can draw unwanted attention sometimes from others.With vapor, the smell is much more minimal, and it disappears a lot faster.
6. You’ll also notice when vaporizing that you can taste so many more of the flavors in your cannabis which just makes for a much more enjoyable experience.
Now, I will say that sometimes I still like to smoke a joint. You know there’s just something about consuming cannabis the same way our ancestors have for centuries that just feels sacred to me. It is a different sensation for me when I’m smoking. I tend to feel it heavier in my body. There was a time, years ago when smoking was my primary way of consuming on a regular basis. What I noticed was that I was starting to get this daily cough and phlegm would tend to come up especially whenever I would take a break from smoking.
Overall I just seem to see that I was getting more chest colds and it seemed like my immune system was getting shut down. That’s when I switched from smoking to vaporizing.
When I went back to smoking after I’ve been vaporizing I started to notice even if I would smoke just once, the back of my throat would get irritated, kind of the way it feels right before you’re going to get a cold and my immune system would feel taxed.
So, now vaporizing is my main way of consuming so if you are somebody who typically smokes I encourage you to give vaporizing a try because you will be quite surprised at the difference.
I’m excited to share with you that I’ve got this great new course it’s called “Vaporizing Cannabis.” It is everything that you need to know about this much healthier consumption method. If you’re interested in exploring vaporizing, you should check it out. Please click on the link below.