When entertaining more than eight people, I always choose buffet-style. This pomegranate and toasted pecan salad makes a lovely centerpiece on the table, is easy to prepare, and you can make two kinds of the dressing (clearly marked!), so that guests can choose whether to partake in the THC-infused dressing or not. I put the dressings in decorated mason jars. Eating salad between courses helps with digestion, and it looks so pretty on the plate too!
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsps. THC-infused olive oil
- 3 tbsps. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bag of baby arugula, rinsed well and thick stems removed
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted in the oven for 3 min. at 350 F
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 small pomegranate)
- In a mason jar, swirl together vinegars, salt, and pepper. Gradually drizzle in olive oil. Secure lid and shake.
- Toss arugula with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Sprinkle with pecans and pomegranate seeds and serve.
How to Make THC-Infused Oils
THC is oil (and not water) soluble. Because THC escapes at temperatures higher than 325 degrees fahrenheit, recipes must never bring food to higher temperatures, i.e. no deep-fry.
There are two main methods that i recommend for preparing the THC oil called for in all recipes: The Slow-Cooker and the Double-Boiler method. Other preparations tend to burn either the oil or the marijuana and are not recommended.
Place 5g of vaped-marijuana or 2.5g fresh marijuana for every 1/2 cup oil in a slow cooker. If you are using butter, add 2 tbsps water. Turn on slow cooker at low setting and let sit for 24hrs, stirring occasionally. Strain through a cheese cloth into a mason jar. Store in the fridge. For butter, let sit in the refrigerator for an hour to let the fat and oil separate and then scrape off the butter.
Same as slow-cooker method, but using a double-boiler set to low. Check water levels regularly. Please, do not leave the house with an unattended element or burner on.
Yield: About 1/3 cup oil for every 1/2 cup originally added