The Stoney Roads are perfect for the nut lover who indulges in a little extra sweetness at this time of year before New Year’s Resolutions have begun. The Candy Cane Chocolates look especially festive on the table. The Gingersnaps actually make a great gift that I give year round (especially to newlyweds) because the cookies don’t taste like marijuana at all. Because of this, however, don’t put them out in a public space at a party. Before you know it, someone’s eaten six cookies without realizing, and the festivities get a little too intense.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tbsp. THC-infused butter
4 tsbp. Butter
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup chopped nuts
4 dozen mini marshmallows
- Melt ½ cup chocolate chips and butter in 1-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat. Let cool 10 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 325 F. Mix melted chocolate mixture, flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, salt and eggs in large bowl with a spoon. Stir in nuts, remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows.
3. Drop dough by rounded tsps. About 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until pressing down on one doesn’t leave an indentation.
5. Remove immediately from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
Candy Cane Chocolates
Yield: 12 cookies
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
4 tbsp. THC-infused butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 candy cane, finely crushed
1/3 cup dark, bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for about 1-2 minutes. Add egg and peppermint extract, and beat until light and fluffy remembering to scrape down the sides
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder. Add gradually to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
4. Add chocolate chips and stir in with a mixing spoon. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Form the dough into 1 heaping tbsp balls and place 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press the tops down.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes: the edges should start to dry but the tops will still be slightly soft looking. Let set on the cookie sheet for a few minutes more before sprinkle crushed candy cane on top. Press down with a spatula on the top of each cookie.
7. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container to keep fresh for up to a few days or freeze for several weeks.
Yield: 24 cookies
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
4 tbsp butter, room temperature
2 tbsp THC butter, room temperature
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/4 cup dark molasses
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or food-processed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Grease or line (with parchment paper) two cookie sheets
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and dry spices.
4. Beat sugars and butters together in a large bowl until fluffy.
5. Add egg, molasses and ginger and beat until well-combined.
6. Stir in the flour mixture until blended.
7.Using a rounded tablespoon, roll 1-inch balls and arrange about 1 1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
8. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees fahrenheit and bake, one sheet at a time, about 12 to 15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, press down with a spatula on each cookie, and cool on wire racks.
How to Make THC-Infused Butter
THC is oil (and not water) soluble. Because THC escapes at temperatures higher than 325 degrees fahrenheit, recipes must never bring food to higher temperatures, i.e. no deep-fry.
There are two main methods that i recommend for preparing the THC oil called for in all recipes: The Slow-Cooker and the Double-Boiler method. Other preparations tend to burn either the oil or the marijuana and are not recommended.
Place 5g of vaped-marijuana or 2.5g fresh marijuana for every 1/2 cup oil in a slow cooker. If you are using butter, add 2 tbsps water. Turn on slow cooker at low setting and let sit for 24hrs, stirring occasionally. Strain through a cheese cloth into a mason jar. Store in the fridge. For butter, let sit in the refrigerator for an hour to let the fat and oil separate and then scrape off the butter.
Same as slow-cooker method, but using a double-boiler set to low. Check water levels regularly. Please, do not leave the house with an unattended element or burner on.
Yield: About 3 tbsps of butter or 1/3 cup oil for every 1/2 cup originally added.